BEAT THE BELLY BLOAT NOW
You’re eating healthy and exercising, yet there’s this strange belly expansion occurring...or is it possible that your jeans are shrinking? Chances are some of the things you're consuming could be causing the dreaded bloat. Follow this guide to get relief, and you'll be on your way to wearing your favorite skinny jeans in no time!
It's time to part ways...with...
Dairy! Say goodbye to milk, cheese, butter (or anything that contains milk), as its primary sugar is lactose and your body may not be able to digest it.
Try this instead: coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk and coconut butter.
High in fiber veggies! So everyone tells you to consume more greens and fiber, right? Well...like most things in life, there's a catch! Many vegetables, legumes, and grains that are high in fiber like kale, spinach, broccoli, and beans, can be causing your stomach to expand.
Try this instead: Consume smaller portions of the aforementioned at one sitting.
Carbonated drinks! They trap gas! And yes, this includes sparkling water.
Try this instead: Flat water, hot water with lemon, peppermint and/or green tea.
Umm, ok, so now what? Try these on for size.
1. Add some natural enzyme fruits to your diet such as pineapples or papayas.
2. Eat bananas, oranges, kiwis, avocados, and asparagus because they are rich in potassium and prevent water retention.
3. This is probably the most difficult. Be more mindful when eating. Take your time and fully chew your food. And eat every 3-4 hours.
3. Exercise! Any type of movement, especially cardio, can help with releasing any trapped gas and help digestion. Abdominal strengtheners such as sit-ups, crunches, oblique crunches and pelvic tilts are also good because they help contract the abdominal muscles.
4. Connect with your inner yogi. Yoga poses such as knees to chest, supine or seated twist, and bridge pose, help with blood flow and can improve digestion. (demonstrated below)
Hope you find these helpful. Let me know how they work for you!
Love & light, Maritza