ELIMINATE NEGATIVE THINKING FOR GOOD
“If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities.
If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.”
Happy New Year! Lets make a promise to ourselves and to each other, to eliminate any negative beliefs in 2019. Lets change our perspective, and the way we look at things, so the things we look at change.
To create any revisions in our lives, we must first begin by altering old beliefs or patterns that keep us from achieving our greatness. We must also believe that we can do anything we put our minds to. Whether that means getting healthier, starting a new business, changing career paths, or seeking healing from a tough 2018, we must become open to receive the opportunities that are available to us. We must believe we are capable and worthy of achieving everything we want, and therefore we will.
Some old beliefs may be implanted in your memory from childhood. Maybe someone told you that you’d never be able to love your body because it doesn't look a certain way, or that changing career paths at a certain age would be foolish, or that you would never amount to anything for whatever reasons. Try this: everyday, look at yourself in the mirror, and tell yourself that none of those false beliefs are true.
Give your goal a real purpose of why it’s important for you to achieve it and make yourself accountable to do at least one thing daily that brings you closer to reaching it. For example, if it’s to become healthier, remind yourself that exercising and mindful eating will help you feel better and ultimately create a happier you. Show up for yourself and then thank yourself for the care and love. If you don't love you, how can anyone else?
If you believe that you can, you will, because it certainly beats the alternative which is, believing you can’t, therefore you won’t. Follow the law of attraction and speak only positive thoughts into existence. You will always attract more of what you put out into the Universe. For example, if you struggle with not having enough money, and you're always complaining and worrying about money, the Universe will keep answering your thoughts of lacking. But don't fret, if you catch yourself thinking negatively, don't be hard on yourself, just simply take a moment, a few deep breaths, and switch your negative thoughts into positives. "I have more than enough money and can afford everything I want and need." Like attracts like. Even if that sounds silly to you, just try it. What do you have to lose?
The following tips will help you eliminate negative beliefs and help you create a path to self-love.
1. Wake up grateful. The attitude of gratitude creates more positivity in your life. Let the first words to come out of your mouth be, "thank you."
2. Hydrate! Drink plenty of water to replenish your body.
3. Journal. Write down your thoughts, wants and desires. Allow this journal to be a sacred space to release all feelings of negativity and fear, especially all of the anxieties and negative beliefs that have been embedded in your brain. Then replace those negative beliefs with new positive beliefs that will help you gain confidence in yourself and what you’re setting out to accomplish.
4. Create a list of empowering words and/or a vision board that is hung in a prominent space in your home. Let this inspire you daily.
5. Catch and release. Every time a negative belief comes up, pause, take a deep breath and replace it with a positive belief, or with one of the words on your empowering words list/vision board.
6. Create a morning ritual that makes you feel good.
·This is my personal ritual: pray, meditate, visualize, and if I have enough time, I journal. Morning writing is another form of praying and meditating for me.
·Yours can be: say "thank you" upon waking up, hydrate, wash your face, brush your teeth, make your bed, journal. Creating a consistent morning routine will help set the tone of your day in a calm, happy, positive and empowered way. You will already feel accomplished before you've even left your bedroom.
7. Everyday do at least one thing you love. And once a week take yourself out on a date and do something extra special that requires you to be with alone for more than one hour. This allows you to always have a good relationship with yourself and to find some balance and much needed "me" time in your life.
8. Surrender. Instead of trying to control everything, surrender. Stay open and available and allow what’s meant for you to flow to you. Acknowledge any negative feelings, then release them.
9. Go outside! This is a huge one. Just a few minutes in nature can drastically change your mood. Look at the trees, stare up at the stars, sit by a body of water. Inhale the fresh cold air.
What are some ways you release negative thoughts?
Always sending you light and love,